Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ode to Canon

Canon is a very smiley baby. Here he is in his p.j.'s, wearing Aubree's glasses( looking very studious), and holding his head up at about 3 1/2 months. It won't be long before he's mobile! Look out!
Canon's blessing outfit and blanket. He wore this cute little vest once before it was too small.
Canon as a newborn. That phase didn't last long, did it?


They change so much in such a short time. When we brought Canon home, he fit into his car seat, cradle, newborn diapers and 0-3 month clothes. Now he doesn't fit into any of those things! We had to adjust his car seat belt twice within the first month. He's also in size 2 diapers and I just had to bust out the 9 month clothes today. What happened to my baby? He's turned into a tank, as Uncle Trent would say. And like Scott pointed out, every tank has a "cannon", so I guess the name fits. :)
I love the song Canon in D. I looked up what "canon" meant because I've heard it used to reference several things. It could be a song, a canon of scripture or law, but the definition that caught my attention was one that said it was the best representative work. Since my Canon will be influenced by both his parents and his siblings, he will be the best representative work of all of us as a family. And I love it when names have a story or meaning behind them.









4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! I love the story behind his name and I am stealing this cute idea for my blog! (when I start blogging again:) I love that I get to peak into a little part of Brandon's past with your blog. I am so glad you found us and we get to follow and inspire each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little tank! I love the chubby babies. There is so much more there on those cheeks to kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is sooooo cute!! He's getting big too. He will probably be in Kindergarten before we get to see the little munchie. We need to come see your fam and the new house!! Kepp up blogging though! We'll watch him in pictures for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you started your blog!!! I saw it like a month ago and there wasn't any post on it, and then I forgot to check it since then! YEA, I love it. I can not believe how big all your kids are. Aubree is so tall, are you guys tall? I didn't think so, but she seems like she is going to be a basketball star!

    Canon is so cute! he looks just like ALL of you guys it's awesome, such a mix. He has the cutest smile!

    You are one huge family, I am so happy you have a blog! How you liking your house???

    ReplyDelete