Monday, May 3, 2010

Gila Valley Temple trip

We kind of last-minute planned this trip. But I wanted my kids to know that the temple is an important place. We always hear about temples in far away places and know we can't go there because of the distance. I don't want them to look back and say,"It was only 3 hours away...why didn't we go?"
The angel, Moroni, sits atop this temple, as most others, sounding his trump to signify that the work is going forth.
It was chilly and very windy, and we were ill prepared. It was actually snowing at the top of Mt. Graham. But I'm so glad we made this trip. It's a small but beautiful temple and will bring great blessings to the residents of this valley.


My boys!



Thanks Marsh and Krissy for the use of a larger vehicle and Marilee and Clint for entertaining us for dinner! We also visited cemetaries in Thatcher and Safford where some of my family members are buried.




1 comment: