Monday, June 14, 2010

Annie Jr!

At the beginning of last semester, the girls' school held auditions for their first play, "Annie Jr.". Aubree, Kiersten and Rylee really wanted to be involved. Kiersten voluteered as stage crew, Rylee auditioned for the orphan, Tessie, and got it, and Aubree auditioned for the part of Miss Hannigan, and got understudy. Everyone was very excited. :)
Here is Rylee in full makeup and costume as Tessie, the orphan who says, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!" all the time.


At the end of the play, Mr. Warbucks brings all the orphans to his house where they get presents. So Rylee got to be "dolled up" in that scene.


"You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile." Because I was helping backstage for the performances, I never got pictures of the actual shows. But Grandpa Morris recorded the whole thing for me and I'm anxious to see the whole thing together. I watched all 3 shows through the cracks of the scenery. My girls are awesome!!

After learning her lines for Miss Hannigan's understudy, Aubree was given the opportunity to play Mr. Warbucks in a matinee show. So she learned the part for two characters and chose Mr. Warbucks. She hated this hat, but we had to make her look more masculine!
She did a great job with her lines, sang her heart out in the songs and made Mr. Warbucks come alive with choreography!

Backstage was a blast!! I got to be Prop Mistress and this is my crew. Two are missing (Taylor and Kylie)but Quinci, Sabrina and Kiersten
helped change the props while Jared and Erin rotated the scenes. They were great, a little too social with eachother, but great!
This was such a fun experience for me. I always had friends in chorus and drama, but was never outgoing enough to try out for any productions. We worked soooo hard, but it was so much fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment