Monday, November 30, 2015

Family Day Friday

 Our "family day" this year consisted of traveling to Main Street in Mesa to try out their seasonal skating rink and visit the Mesa Temple lights. It was a chilly night, so we topped it off with hot chocolate from QT. It was a great night!
 When Scott left on his mission in Nov '91, he was in the MTC learning Swedish during the holidays. I wanted him to have a taste of home, so I talked my dad into helping me take a picture of the Mesa Temple lights. We had to play around with the different F-stops to make sure the shutter was open long enough to absorb the light. It took us a couple of tries, but we came out with a few that looked good when they were printed. I sent them to Scott in a Christmas package. But now, I have a camera that does all of that for me automatically. :) Good memories.
 Canon ruined every picture I took of him that night. The only reason we got the one at the top is because someone else was taking it.
 Kiersten says she doesn't like making a fool of herself by falling on her butt in front of everyone...so she opted to stay off the ice and take pictures with me.
                                                                    The brave few....
I think Canon told Dad 5 times that he was done and wanted to take the skates off. But every time Dad took him over to the side, he changed his mind. Canon and Raegan came home with a few bruises from falling, and I think everyone that skated was a little sore the next day. But it was still a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment