Monday, November 30, 2015

Kiersten's Junior Prom

 Kiersten was asked to Prom by Braden Bitter, the son of some of our good friends. We help them on the annual SCUBA trip for our stake. He ordered some fortune cookies with a very specific message, in Chinese, about going to the dance. She answered him with a stuffed animal lion, that said, "I'd be "lion" if I said I didn't want to go to the dance with you."
 We have over 100 dresses in the closet, but Kiersten didn't want to wear any of those. :/ We went shopping for the tulle skirt that she wore over a plain black concert dress. It turned out nice. But I must say, the sash I created really added the finishing touch. :) Braden's boutonniere matches her sash also.
You can't see them, but Dad bought Kiersten aqua green Van's to match her sash. She thought that was pretty cool. :)
And she even let Aubree curl her hair and pin it back. :)

 They went with a group of youth from our stake. They all chipped in and rented a limousine for the night, and the stake youth leaders made dinner. The boys just had to pay for the food. Then they traveled to Gilbert to the multi-stake prom at the Barney Sports Complex.
I wish I could say she had a great night, but her Prom experience was kind of like my Prom experience. :( Braden had been kind of a jerk to her leading up to the dance. We had to talk her into going. And she said the best part about the night was her steak at dinner. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment