Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This is the baby eagle we got to see on our hike down to Woods Canyon Lake. The forest ranger took my camera and focused it through the lens of her telescope to get this image. It was really cool!
We saw the mom eagle while we were kayaking on the lake the day before. I've never seen one in real life, so this was very exciting. She has a 7 foot wingspan and is 1/3 larger than the father. Way to go...girl power!!

Dad and Raegan were in a kayak together, Kiersten and Rylee got their own and Aubree rowed Canon and I around...until I got nervous and made Raegan switch with me. That was a hilarious sight. I'm sure the fishermen who were out never bargained on such early morning entertainment! Canon's life jacket was way to big for him and swallowed him up most of the time. He was not happy.






No comments:

Post a Comment