Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We always celebrate the 4th of July with the Morris family. It's an annual swim/BBQ/rockets/ fireworks extravaganza!! This year I wanted to do it at my house, so thanks everyone for being willing to break with tradition. :) These are photos of the rocket launching. Scott usually preps the rockets, although I did learn how to do it myself. It only took a few botched launches to figure out what I was doing wrong. But I think I will forever be teased by my dad for trying to use an old engine. It really was an honest mistake!!! We tried to keep everyone hydrated. None of the kids wanted to be in the shade, they wanted to be chasing the rockets. Grandma snapped this photo of my "snack packs" before they took off to run around. It had rained for several hours the night before, and the park where we wanted to shoot rockets was under water. So the vacant lots behind our house became the new launch pad, and thankfully, there wasn't any really wet mud!


No comments:

Post a Comment