Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kiersten decided she would try out for the school musical this year. Aubree and Rylee had so much fun last year, she wanted to see if she could make it. She was chosen to understudy for the spoiled brat, Veruca Salt. She did a great job picking a snooty outfit, with an obnoxious pink flower in her hair. She had all her lines and solo memorized within the first week of practice. And although she can be a snot sometimes when she's at home, it was quite a challenge for her to be loud, obnoxious and throw tempertantrums on stage. She is the most timid of my three that were involved in the play. But she did a great job! She sang.....infront of people.....by herself! I'm totally amazed at the confidence these girls are acquiring.Everyone got flowers at the end of the Saturday performances. Thanks Uncle Marsh...you're the best!



Kiersten had a few of her good friends come and watch her perform. Here she is with a couple of the young women in our ward.

At the end of the show, the stage crew and characters celebrated by ripping off their mics and screaming at the top of their lungs backstage. It was a huge relief to come to the end of each performance and feel good about the entertainment they were providing. It makes me tear up every time I look at this picture and realize what a rare privilege this was to have these three involved in something like this and know I was lucky to witness it. SOOOOO glad I brought my camera!


This is most of the group of kids that helped me on stage crew. We had to keep track of all the scene changes and which props went on stage for which numbers. When Aubree, Kiersten and Rylee weren't performing, they would come and help too. I loved being a part of this production! The only drawback was being behind the curtain the whole time my chicklets were performing. It was good because I could give them last minute encouragement before they went on, or tell them what a great job they did when they came off. But I never got to see them in all their glory. All the pictures I have of the performances came from other moms who were in the audience to watch their own children.


Keirsten would not let me take a picture of her on stage crew!! Little stinker.









No comments:

Post a Comment