Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Show Time!

Rylee tried out for the school musical this year and was chosen as the understudy for Charlie Bucket in the production of Willy Wonka Jr. She got to perform for a Saturday matinee and infront of her peers at school. This was so much fun for all of us to be involved with memorizing lines, songs and choreography. I still wake up singing something from this musical. :) This is Rylee's best friend, Katie, and the boy she beat out for student body vice-president, AJ. Katie was one of the principle Oompa Loompas and AJ was Mike Teevee. Most of the students had to come up with their own costumes. I think they did a pretty good job.


I love this picture because Rylee is beautiful (yes, I'm biased), and it's right before her character, Charlie, opens the Wonka Bar to find the last golden ticket. Think positive!


There she is with the last golden ticket. I'm so proud of these kids to be able to get up infront of a large group of people and act, sing and dance. It's not Broadway, but it's a big deal especially when you think that Rylee is only 11 and she was in almost every scene with a speaking part. She also had to learn 5 solos. I can't even imagine performing by myself. Way to go Rylee!


This is such a "Sound of Music" moment. Just singing for all their worth. :) Mike, who played Mr Bucket, never did quite get the dance down. He would watch Rylee for all his cues and when they turned eachother around in the dress rehearsal, he knocked Rylee's hat off which knocked off her mic. We were all backstage hoping that wouldn't happen on a live performance. But everything turned out just fine. :)


" I've got a golden ticket. I've got a golden chance to make my way. And with a golden ticket it's a golden day!"









No comments:

Post a Comment