Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lights! Camera! Action!

"Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew, cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two? The Candy Man can!" Aubree wanted to be Willy Wonka from the start. She got the lead role and did a great job. She had 6 solos and a ton of lines, which she delivered on time and with great enthusiasm, even if the audience didn't get the joke of "chuck bucket". :)
Here is Willy leading the golden ticket winners through the factory on the pink, candy boat. I told you, it wasn't Broadway, but it sure was fun!

Rylee got to perform with Aubree even though she was an understudy. The Charlie lead was unable to do the Saturday afternoon performance, so she did Saturday morning and Rylee did Saturday afternoon. The energy between Aubree and Rylee was amazing. I really feel that was the best performance of the five because when Charlie is apologizing for drinking the Fizzy Lifting Drink and Willy gives Charlie the factory, the words cease to be lines in a script. There was emotion and support, I can't really describe it. The only regret was that Kiersten couldn't be in that performance with them. But she was backstage with me, cheering them on.


It was a lot of fun watching the performers get eachother ready. Everyone was doing makeup and hair. It really made it feel like the kids owned the performance. They really deserve most of the credit. They rehearsed 2 hrs a day, 3 times a week until a week before opening night and then it was everyday for 2 1/2 hrs, plus the countless hours at home. There was set construction, mic checks, costumes, makeup and....Cut! Let's try that again.









1 comment:

  1. I am so sad I couldn't be there this year! Marsh said they were amazing!!! I can't believe how comfortable they look out there...I think I would have peed my pants once or twice or more! Way to go girls!!!! We are so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete